Some facts about heartworm disease:
- Adult heartworms live in the pulmonary arteries of infected dogs.
- If left untreated is can be fatal to your pet.
- Some dogs may show no signs at all.
- Treatment in difficult and costly and complications may occur.
Heartworm disease is transmitted from dog to dog through mosquitoes. If affects thousands of dogs in the United States annually.
Heartworm disease is preventable
The American Heartworm Society (AHS) and the Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) recommend annual testing and year-round heartworm disease prevention to ensure your dog is heartworm free.
Protecting your dog from heartworm disease is easy and convenient with Trifexis!
One beef-flavored tablet once a month, all year round:
- Trifexis kills heartworm larvae after an infected mosquito has bitten your dog.
- To protect your dog, monthly administration is important year-round even in cooler months when mosquitoes aren’t seen.
It may take up to six months for heartworm disease symptoms to appear, so it is important that your dog is tested every year.